Welcome to CorvairKid's 190 CID (3.1 liter) engine project. Click on a link below to find out more!
- Stage 1: The Basics (1995-98)
- Stage 2: Webers & Roller Cam (current)
- Stage 3: Throttle-Body Fuel Injection (future)
- Stage 4: Cartwright Fuel Injection (future)
- Stage 5: Turbocharged! (future)
- With all of the attention on the engine it's easy to forget that it actually goes in a car! Read about the engine's home in CorvairKid's '66 500 coupe.
- Sand Sports magazine graciously allowed me to reproduce their detailed article on big-bore (94 mm) engine construction: Check out the 3200cc Mighty Mouse feature, with my annotations. (Many, many thanks to Gary Aube for scanning in the photos from the original article and re-laying out the material for viewing on the web.)
- Read about Salih Engineering and Stokes Engineering, two pioneers in the Corvair big-bore engine component business.
- Check out Graham Dell's 3.0 liter (182 CID) engine for his Ultravan (#292).